Friday 22 February 2013

First Post!

 Hello, this is my first blog post on blogger!! This is going to be about my background and how I got into trance music (dance music EDM) and how I like gadgets and how that relates to my favourite past-time at the moment (DJ Controllers)


Example of a DJ controller -Hercules 4MX

I enjoy dance music, primarily such as trance beats and track (or EDM - which is electronic dance music) and I have in past times recently been a DJ (nothing serious, mainly bedroom and a few smaller gigs when I was at university). I used vinyl back then - mp3s were just coming around  ( I remember downloading stuff off Napster!)


 Not long ago I decided I wanted to get back into DJ'ing . Everything was digital now so decks were now called  DJ controllers (some will still consider these decks.

Music Tastes

 I do have a wide range in music these days but this post will concentrate on the DJ/dancey side of it. (I listen to all sorts from Hot chip to Pink Floyd. NO DAVID GUETTA!) I don't listen to as much EDM as I did back then, I guess I have mellowed some what.



The 1st dance (well more trance ok techno!) tune that I definitely adored was a a huge trance track by Cygnus X named The Orange Theme, I listened to this while I was close to 14 on BBC Radio One. (on a Friday night whilst my parents were out boozing!) I didn't know what it was or anything, it took over 4 years for me to find out!!

 This, at the time, blew my mind because I'd never ever listened to anything at all like it!



The first cd I bought  was Prodigys 2nd album called Music for a Jilted Generation. I still listen to some Prodigy even today.



 I Used to and be into dance acts similar to say the Chemical Brothers (and even some Daft Punk, stuff like Underworld , Orbital etc) when I was in my puberty years. Managed to get into house music and songs (avid listener to Kiss FM broadcast) as well - remember this was in 1997  So some time ago!! . I remember some classic tunes like Chicane  - Offshore and Sash with Encore Une Fois.



I think the first single I bought was Sash - ECUADOR. That was a mental tune for me at the time, used to try and catch these on MTV when we finally got cable installed into the house.

Next time I will talk about my progression into trance music! This happened when I was at college and trance music became a bit more main stream (Ibiza became all the rage...).


 Oh I personally just forget about another great classic record . Robert Miles with a gorgeous tune called Children. I've left a video footage for you to enjoy, and I am going to blog even more about my own, personal likes down the line!








No comments:

Post a Comment